Sunday 10 April 2016

PRECIOUS LESSONS FROM AN ERASER

This is a touching story of a pencil and an eraser.

The pencil bent towards the eraser and said "I'm sorry"


The eraser looked up and replied, "For what? You didn't do anything wrong."

The pencil explained 
"I'm sorry because you get hurt because of me. 
Whenever I made a mistake, you are there to erase it. 
But as you make my mistakes vanish, 
you lose a part of yourself. 
You get smaller and smaller each time I make a mistake."


The eraser said with a confident voice: 

"That's true. But I don't really mind. 
You see, I was made to do this. 

I was made to help you whenever you do a mistake.
I know one day I'll be replaced with a new one. 

But, I'm actually happy with helping others. 
So please, stop worrying. I hate seeing you sad."

What a wonderful reply!

I applied this conversation between the pencil and the eraser to our day to day life.

Have you noticed the eraser characters around you? They may be your parents or teachers or friends or colleagues. 


They always take responsibility to help you and others. They bear with the abuses, humiliations, loses and hurts made by you or others. They never rethink about their dedicated service.

Patience, silence and focus in service are their strength. 

They know pretty well that when they sacrifice something precious, they are not losing it, but passing it to someone else. 

The progress of humanity is a reflection of the existence of such eraser characters. Never, never, never underestimate their dedication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment